1. For adjectives with one syllable ... ) we add -er or -r for the comparative, and the + -est or -st for the superlative.
2. For most adjectives with two or more syllables ... ) we put more before the adjective for the conparative, and the most for the superlative.
3. For adjectives with two syllables ending in -y ... ) we take out -y and add -ier for the comparative. and the + -iest for the superlative.
4. For all adjectives ... ) we use as + adjective + as to say that things or people are the same.
Check that you can
1.1 ︎︎ make comparasitions.
2. DVDs are cheaper than CDs.
3. Elephants are heavier than Rhinoceroses.
4. Girls are more confident than boys.
5. Kirsty is moodier than Gemma.
6. I'm more easy-going than my brother.
1.2 ︎︎︎ use superlative forms
2. What is the largest animal in the world?
3. What is the most popular sport in the USA?
4. What is the most useful thing you've got?
5. Who is the happiest person in your family?
6. What is the most difficult subject for you at school?
Answer the questions if you can?
2. The largest animal in the world is the Antartic blue whale.
3. The most popular sport in the USA is American football.
4. The most useful thing I've got is my thinking. I act fast in difficult situations.
5. The happiest person in my family is my mum. She is always smiling, always making jokes, and always lifts the family's spirit, no matter the situation.
6. The most difficult subject for me at school is either Mathematics or Chemistry. I hate those subjects!
ᴘs. ˡᵃ ᵘˡᵗⁱᵐᵉˡᵉ ᵗʳᵉⁱ ⁱⁿᵗʳᵉᵇᵃʳⁱ ᵃᵐ ʳᵃˢᵖᵘⁿˢ ᵈᵘᵖᵃ ᵐⁱⁿᵉ, ᶜᵉ ᶜʳᵉᵈ ᵉᵘ.
ᵖᵒᵗⁱ ˢᵃ ˢᶜʰⁱᵐᵇⁱ ᵗᵘ ᵈᵃᶜᵃ ⁿᵘ ᵉˢᵗⁱ ᵈᵉ ᵃᶜᵒʳᵈ.
ɢᴏᴏᴅʟᴜᴄᴋ! ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎
Show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile
© Copyright 2023 DOKU.TIPS - All rights reserved.